Facebook requires an app setup and configured in order to talk to their API. Fortunately, it doesn't require any special permissions and reviewal process.
- Visit Facebook Developers(opens new window) .
- Click the Create App button.
- Select Other and Business as the app type, and fill in the rest of the details.
- In the left-hand menu, click into Settings → Basic.
- Click Add Platform and select Website.
- Add your website’s URL and click Save Changes.
- At the top of the page, copy your App ID and App Secret and enter them into Social Share's settings page for Facebook.